সর্ব-শেষ হাল-নাগাদ: ১৪ অক্টোবর ২০১৭
Share with :
Background: The Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) authorised the creation of the REDD Cell in August 2011. The REDD Cell was conceived as the key implementation agency for the national REDD+ programme. It will also serve this function for the duration of the REDD+ Readiness Roadmap process. Because the REDD+ programme is government-owned and led, the REDD Cell is envisaged as a unit within the existing government institutional framework. The REDD Cell is located within the FD, which has been identified by the MoEF as the most relevant government department for REDD+. The REDD Cell will be supervised by the national REDD+ focal point, who holds the rank of CF. It will be responsible for coordination of all REDD+ activities in the country. The REDD focal point will therefore be directly accountable to the CCF. However, the REDD Cell will receive its strategic direction from the REDD+ SC. It will assign technical activities, as required, to Technical Working Groups.
Roles and Responsibilities: The REDD Cell ToR, as outlined in Annex 2, covers some of the responsibilities related to REDD+, but as the main body responsible for implementing all phases of a national REDD+ programme, it will, by default, have additional duties, for example:
- Day-to-day management of the REDD+ Roadmap implementation and Readiness process, including coordination, programme and financial management and administrative matters.
- Establish and provide secretariat assistance to the REDD+ Steering Committee, REDD+ Stakeholder Forum, Technical Working Groups and other REDD+ bodies as required.
- Oversee, facilitate and coordinate the work of the Technical Working Groups and report on their progress to the National REDD+ SC.
- Ensure timely delivery of activities under the national REDD+ Roadmap and recommend adjustments or additional resource requirements to REDD+ SC.
- Contribute to the GHG inventory for the Land Use, Land Use Change and Forestry (LULUCF) sector and submit relevant information to the MoEF for inclusion in the NCs to the UNFCCC.
- Identify capacity building and coordinate training and capacity building activities within the FD and other relevant government institutions/NGOs/private sector/communities/administrative officers and policy makers that have a significant role in the REDD+ programme
- Staff recruitment and capacity building on REDD+ issues.
- Ensure compliance with REDD+ Social and Environmental Safeguards in all activities under the REDD+ Roadmap.
- Obtain the services of consultants and advisors as deemed necessary by the Technical Working Groups and the REDD+ SC.
- Maintain reporting and other links with UN-REDD programme via the REDD+ focal point in the FD.